Tire Inflation 101: The Importance Of Keeping Your Tires Inflated
Tires play an important role in the safety and function of your car. They help you navigate through roads and stops like a pro, and they also safely carry the full weight of your vehicle. That’s why you should pay attention to their care, including how to properly inflate them.
Maintaining the tire pressure on your car is one of the simplest ways to care for your tires. See below the best tips to inflate your tires successfully according to a trusted wheel & tire supplier in Gilbert.
Tire Pressure Is Crucial For Your Tires
One of the things you should always avoid is underinflated tires. They reduce fuel efficiency and increase the dangers of getting into a car accident. That’s because underinflated tires increase the risk of losing proper steering control. That can lead to the worst-case scenario when driving.
If you see your tire’s air pressure is lower than usual, be sure to inflate them as soon as possible.
Steps To Check Tire Pressure
Before inflating your tires, you have to check their pressure. This is a relatively easy task, and it shouldn’t take you much time.
Firstly, you have to buy a tire gauge. They usually cost around $40, although the price may vary depending on the type of gauge you choose. Always keep a tire gauge on hand because some gas station air gauges are not accurate.
Some modern cars and trucks also show the tire pressure on the dashboard, making the job a lot easier. You can start checking pressure for your vehicle as soon as you have your tire gauge in hand.
If you prefer, you can ask professionals about the best tire gauge in the market since there are many models available. A wheel & tire distributor in Gilbert can also help you with this information.
How To Correct Inflation Level
You can check the inflation level by looking for the recommended pressure. It is usually within the driver’s-side door. This information is also available in the car owner’s manual.
Once you know this information, release the valve stem cap from the tires. Be aware of the “N”, if it appears in the valve stem cap, it means it is filled with nitrogen instead of air.
Connect the air pressure gauge to the tire’s stem until you see a reading. Keep doing this until you see a realistic pressure level number.
We recommend you do this process each month and after extreme weather conditions to know the exact tire pressure.
How Can I Inflate My Tires At A Gas Station?
It’s not difficult to inflate your tires at a gas station. You only need your tire gauge and some spare change because many coin-operated machines are not always precise.
Before inflating your tires, make sure of having them in good condition. You can always buy new tires at a trusted Gilbert wheel & tire supplier if you need to.
Follow these steps to inflate your tires at a gas station:
- Park your car close to the air dispenser to reach each tire comfortably.
- Carefully remove the valve stem caps.
- Check the air pressure in each tire.
- If the air pressure is low, add some air with the hose.
- Be careful with overinflating your tires. If you overinflate your tires, release some air slowly.
- Replace valve caps once you know the air pressure is right and now you’re ready to ride!
How Can I Inflate My Tires At Home And On-The-Go?
Let’s say you have to inflate your tires on the road, and you have no gas station nearby. Or you simply prefer to inflate them at home to save money. In that case, you only have to follow these steps:
- Find an even surface that's unexposed to the sun (heat can ruin this job).
- Remove the stem caps from each tire.
- Check the air pressure with your tire gauge before starting the inflation process. Keep in mind that air pressure and tire temperature increase as you drive.
- You need an air compressor at home if the air pressure is low. Press the air-hose into your tire valve stem to fill the tire with air.
- Avoid overinflating your tires. In case you do it, slowly release the extra air until you reach the right amount.
- Finally, release the caps, and now get ready to enjoy your ride!
Where To Find The Best Tires For My Car?
It’s crucial to have the best wheels and tires for your car before trying anything else. Therefore, feel free to contact Extreme Wheels to purchase the wheels, tires, and rims your car needs! We serve all of the United States and we offer a secure payment system to make you feel comfortable when buying. Contact us now by email or phone, we’ll be happy to serve you!
1497 E. Baseline Rd. Suite 4-109
Gilbert, AZ 85233