Tire Buying Guide: How To Choose The Right Type Of Tire For Your Car
The road is full of snow and the truck in front of you jams on the brakes. You hit the brakes to be safe and you feel the tires gripping. After that, they safely bring you to a stop to avoid an accident.
Does it sound familiar to you? If you’ve been through a situation like this, you probably took enough time to choose the right tires. However, if that’s not the case, you should be prepared, which is why you should always do proper research before picking a tire for your ride.
Choosing tires that can work properly on road conditions is one of the most important decisions you can make for your car. Therefore, consider the following factors before heading up to your trusted Gilbert wheel & tire supplier.
Consider Weather Conditions
Your vehicle’s tires have to handle weather conditions like high heat, rain, ice, snow, etc. These climate conditions affect the performance of your tire, so be sure to choose tires that will perform not only in the usual weather but also in the most extreme conditions.
If the climate is mostly warm, meaning that the temperature doesn’t go below 0, then you can choose all-season tires or just summer tires. On the contrary, if the climate is seasonal, you have to choose one set of summer tires and another one for wintertime.
You could also buy an all-season set, but be sure to check your tires once in a while to avoid damage.
If the climate is seasonal and it has a severe winter (temperature goes below 0 with heavy ice) then consider buying only sets of winter tires. All-season tires may not be enough for these climate conditions.
Do Not Forget About The Type of Roads
The roads are also an important factor when choosing the right tires. Different usage conditions lead to different tire features. Keep in mind the following to be well-prepared when contacting your Gilbert wheel & tire supplier:
- If you drive mostly in the city: You have to use tires with an optimum braking distance for both dry and wet roads. You should also choose tires with increased longevity if you drive with many stops and starts. Tires with low rolling resistance are also necessary if you want to save fuel.
- If you drive on highways: Choose tires that also offer a good braking distance for dry and wet roads. If your trips are usually long, make sure your tires offer comfort in terms of noise level and vibrations. Lastly, remember to select tires that offer great stability and grip.
- If you often drive on unpaved roads: Your tires must offer off-road traction and excellent durability.
Your Driving Style Also Matters
Many drivers often overlook driving style when choosing a pair of tires, but it is also important to enjoy the drive to the fullest.
Tires can help you define the personality of your car, so be sure to choose one that can bring a lot of benefits to the car. Additionally, make sure your tires also suit your needs. Think about all of this before buying your new tires at your Gilbert wheel & tire supplier.
Look for tires that match your driving style by following these criteria:
- For a quiet ride: Choose tires that focus on comfort, smooth ride, and low noise. Touring tires with low-speed rates (for example, T or H ratings) are designed for more comfort instead of speed. Avoid aggressive tread designs as well because they create a lot of road noise (they look cool, but they are not the best option for quiet comfortable rides).
- For a faster and more energetic ride: Are you more into feeling every curve? Choose tires that focus on steering precision and great handling. These tires are known as “high-performance tires” because they have higher speed ratings. These tires were created to offer better control and a more precise ride so that you can feel every curve without danger.
Where Can I Find The Best Tires For My Car?
If you already have an idea of the best tires for your car, then contact us at Extreme Wheels to help you out! We have an online catalog with the best custom and fabric wheels. We also offer rims, tires, and more items for your car at the most competitive prices in the market! Call us or contact us at Extreme Wheels for more information.